Please follow these simple guidelines to set up and prepare your files for output. If your artwork does not meet our speciﬁcations, this may result in delays to your schedule and/or additional fees.
Preferred/Recommended File Formats
- Print-ready PDF – “print-ready” is deﬁned as artwork that is ready to go directly to print and requires no manipulation, make sure your PDF is exported in hi-resolution.
Accepted File Formats
- Adobe Illustrator AI, EPS
- Adobe Photoshop PSD, TIFF, EPS, JPEG (High Resolution)
- Adobe InDesign INDD
Unacceptable File Formats
- CorelDRAW, Adobe Pagemaker, QuarkXPress, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, Excel, GIF, WMF
- Verify the dimensions and orientation of the graphics for which you are creating your artwork.
- Use our templates when ordering some of our standard items such as banner stands. We will be glad to supply them upon request.
- Check to see if there are any “safe viewable areas”, cut-outs, stitching and/or obstructions that must be considered in creating your layouts.
- Include a ¼” to ½” bleed.
- Create files in CMYK mode.
- Provide all fonts or all fonts outlined.
- Provide all linked artwork – DO NOT embed images.
- Your Graphics are to be output on a large format printer. When setting up your files, the resolution should be a minimum of 100 DPI to a maximum of 150 DPI at the final (100%) size.
- Never use low-resolution images (i.e. screenshots, low-resolution web images, etc.)
- If a Colour Proof has not been requested (additional charge), we will print directly from the file(s) provided. The customer waives the right to dispute any colour discrepancies.
- We print in CMYK only.
- If Colour Matching is required, we can colour match if:
- PMS Colors are specified or physical proofs or previously printed media such as a brochure, business card, etc. are provided to match. We cannot match CMYK formulas.
- Layered files are provided. We cannot Colour Match with flattened files.
(Please note that due to the nature of our printing process, some spot (Pantone) colours cannot be matched 100%.)
- Compress your file(s) to a .ZIP or .SIT(X) archive file.
- If your file is less than 10MB: Use the web-based upload form.
- If you file is greater than 10MB in size you can upload it directly to our FTP site, or use a web-based upload service such as YouSendIt.
- Files may also be burned onto CD or DVD and sent to the attention of your Sales Representative.
For information on uploading to our FTP, please contact a salesperson for details and a walkthrough.
If you are unfamiliar with FTP, you can refer to the Beginner’s guide to FTP for an introduction.